X5 Evo- How to Use:
Q:How do I register my X5 Evo?You can sign up for a new account at www.xplova.com.
Q:How do I connect my X5 Evo to peripheral devices (e.g. heart rate belt)?1. Go to [Settings] > [ANT+] > [Heart Rate Belt] or other sensors (Speed/Cadence/Combo Sensors/Power Meter).
2. Click [Search Again].
3. Please power on or turn on the wireless sensors. Sensor ID will appear on your screen shortly.
4. Click on the desired ID and wait for the device to display a number.
5. Go back to the previous menu. You will see the corresponding number of the sensor once the connection is successful.
6. You can start your workout now. The sensor values will change based on your physical condition.
Q:How do I remove peripheral sensors (e.g. heart rate belt) from my X5 Evo?1. Enter [ANT+] menu. You will see an ID number display under the connected device.
2. Long press and hold the ID number to remove the pairing.
Q:How do I switch between data-linked auto record, manual record, time-lapse, and loop mode?On homescreen, long press the REC button to switch between auto record, manual record, time-lapse, and loop mode.
Q:How do I adjust the length of recording for auto record mode?Go to [Settings] > [Recording Settings] > [Record Mode Settings] > [Event mode] > [Recording Duration] to adjust to 3, 6, 9, 15, or 30 seconds.
Q:How do I plan a new route?Please log in to your account on www.xplova.com, and then select [Routes] > [Plan Routes]. Or you can also plan a new route on the Xplova Connect App.
Q:Where can I find SmartSigns?Press the [Route] icon on the homescreen > Select a route marked with SmartSigns > Click [Ride This Route] > Press the [Up] key to bring up the SmartSign menu. Click on the SmartSign markers to learn about their positions on the route as well as their detailed information.
Q:Where can I find the Altitude Chart?Once you select a bike route, press [Ride This Route] > Press the [Down] key to bring up the Altitude Chart, where you can zoom in/out to see detailed topographic changes.
Q:When should I do Altitude Calibration?X5 Evo measures altitude using a barometric altimeter, which is highly sensitive to changes in air pressure and temperature. To ensure the accuracy of the altimeter under changing weather conditions, it is advised to manually set the altitude instead of using automatic adjustment by GPS. Please find a location with a known altitude, or use Google Maps/Earth to check the alittude. Go to Quick Menu > [Altitude Calibration] > [Disable Auto Calibration] > [Select Altitude], and press the pen icon at the upper right corner to edit the altitude reference point. Up to three reference points can be preset for quick altitude correction later on.
Q:How do I change the display from kilometers to miles?Go to [Settings] > [System] > [Units] and change from Metric system to Statute system.
Q:How do I adjust the backlight timeout? What are the options? How do I turn on auto brightness?1. Go to [Settings] > [System] > [Display] > [Backlight On] to choose the desired duration for backlight. 2. There are six options for duration: 5s, 15s, 30s, 1 min, 2 mins, and Always. 3. Go to [Settings] > [System] > [Display] > [Brightness], and turn on [Auto-Brightness] (as the default setting).
Q:How do I update the software?Once connected to Wi-Fi, go to [Settings] > [System] > [About]. Press "CHECK THE LATEST UPDATE" to download and install software which updates automatically.
Q:What should I do if my X5 Evo's Wi-Fi signals seem to be weak?Go to [Settings] > [Network] > [Wi-Fi] > [Wi-Fi Settings], and select the wireless network with higher speed from the selection menu.
Q:My X5 Evo's GPS signal reception seems to be poor. Ｗhat should I do?First, allow the unit to reacquire GPS satellite signals. If the unit is still unable to locate your current position, it might be because there are tall obstructions around you, such as elevated roads, high-rise buildings, and the like. Or you can reset the GPS receiver and locate your position again in an open area.
Q:How do I adjust the time set in X5 Evo's GPS module?The GPS module automatically adjusts the time once it receives GPS signals from three of the (3D) satellites. Therefore, you don't need to change it manually.
Q:Once I finish my ride, do I need to plug in my PC to transfer my data?No, you don't need to. You can upload your data to Xplova's platform ( www.xplova.com ) through the Xplova Connect App.
Q:How do I combine my data and footage and share them on social media?By using the Xplova Video App, you can edit your riding footage and overlay data on the footage. Once you're finished, you can share them instantly to your social media.
Q:How do I pair my X5 Evo with my smartphone to use the Xplova Connect App?1. Launch the Xplova Connect app on your smartphone.
2. Either tap [Menu] icon at the upper-left corner on My Connect screen or swipe right from the left edge of the screen to pull open the Side menu.
3. Go to [Settings] > [My Device].
4. Tap [+] icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen and select X5 Evo.
5. Follow the prompts to begin pairing. (Before pairing, make sure the X5 Evo’s Wi-Fi is connected to your smartphone’s hotspot.)
6. On X5 Evo, select [Settings] > [Network] > [Data Sync]. Then tap PAIR as prompted.
7. On your smartphone, select X5 Evo from the [New Device Found] list. Please turn [Download & Upload] switch to ON (default) for automatic data transmission.
8. Once successfully paired, the activity data will be automatically transferred from X5 Evo to smartphone.
Note: You only need to pair your smartphone with X5 Evo once and it will automatically recognize X5 Evo each time.
Q:How do I unpair my X5 Evo with my smartphone?On X5 Evo, select [Settings] > [Network] > [Data Sync]. Then tap UNPAIR.
Q:What can I do with the Xplova Connect App?With the Xplova Connect App, you can:
1. View and store your recorded activities that are synced from your X5 Evo.
2. Create a custom cycling route and send it to your X5 Evo.
3. Download a cycling route from Xplova's website and send it to your X5 Evo.
4. Download training plans and upload them to your X5 Evo.
5. Upload your cycling activities, performance data, and bike routes to different platforms (e.g., Xplova, Strava).
Q:How do I pair my X5 Evo with my smartphone to use the Xplova Video App?1. Launch the Xplova Video app on your smartphone.
- Tap [Device] icon at the upper-right corner of the screen to connect X5 Evo; or
- Tap [Menu] icon at the upper-left corner of the screen; or
- Swipe right from the left edge of the screen to pull open the Side menu.
- Then select [Device connect].
2. Connect X5 Evo’s Wi-Fi to your smartphone’s hotspot. Then tap [Next].
3. Select X5 Evo from the [Other devices] list.
4. Once your smartphone and X5 Evo have been paired successfully, tap [Device] icon again to access [Video folders] on X5 Evo.
5. Select a folder, long press the video files you’d like to copy and tap [Download] icon to download.
6. Video files will be copied and saved in thumbnails in [All Videos] screen on Xplova Video app.
Q:What can I do with the Xplova Video App?With the Xplova Video App, you can:
1. View and store your recorded video clips that are synced from your X5 Evo.
2. Trim and edit your video clips.
3. Add data overlays on your edited videos.
4. Share your ride videos to social media.